Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New World Home Cooking's Ric Orlando: 'F*@#% me'

Champion chef Ric Orlando is now a "Chopped Champions" loser.

The owner of New World Home Cooking in Saugerties, whom the Freeman profiled recently, got the ax from The Food Network's show on Tuesday (he'd won "Chopped" twice, securing his spot for the championship show and a chance at $50,000).

All Over Albany has a nice play-by-play of the whole affair, in which contestants use unlikely ingredients to make tasty dishes.

On Facebook, Orlando had this to say:

F*ck me--That was the most exhilarating thing ever, except watching my kids get delivered, of course! Que sera--Back to work tomorrow! This experience made me a better person and a better chef, not doubt in my mind.Rock on, Baby!, Rock on! Thanks for all, and I mean ALL of the love! It is the greatest reward one can ask for. Cheers.
 Rock on, indeed.

Check out this past clip of Orlando doing a desert with papaya, sake, crackers and cheese.
Gross.




And here's Orlando talking to the Freeman about his philosophy and food, which hopefully doesn't involve papayas with cheese.